The Maldives National University (MNU) recognizes the quality of higher education as imperative to realizing its vision and mission. As such, the management of quality is fundamental to the achievement of MNU’s strategic directions.
MNU’s Quality Assurance mechanisms are directed by the Quality Assurance (QA) Policy and its related frameworks and guidelines. Guided by MNU’s values, the key principles of MNU’s Quality Assurance Policy are:
- Fairness & equity: establishing fairness and equity in all services provided;
- Developmental process: ensuring quality assurance and enhancement are ongoing developmental processes;
- Continuous improvement: practicing continuous improvement as a top priority in all aspects of the University’s functions;
- Risk-management: supporting resilient continuity planning processes to manage unexpected interruptions to the functioning of The University;
- Stakeholder engagement: adopting multi-stakeholder engagement to ensure relevance and wider participation in its quality assurance processes;
- Self-assessment and reflection: fostering an ethos of critical self-assessment and evaluation of its performance at individual, team, and institutional levels;
- Evidence-based: making decisions based on systematically collected evidence;
- Standards: setting quality standards, accountability, and transparency that adhere to local and international requirements;
- Benchmarking: assessing performance and monitoring standards by adopting relevant global good practices; and
- Collegiality: applying procedures that reflect collegiality through collaboration, peer review, and decision-making.