MNU PHOTO CONTEST
MNU Photo Contest (August 2019) is your chance to visually share your holiday experience with everyone.
Submit your best photo that fits into one of our categories for this contest.
Must be an MNU student
August 31st, 11:59 PM Malé Time
- Cultural Snapshot: Photos that provide a sense of the local culture, people, customs, and traditions
- Landscape/Nature: Photos of architecture, scenery, and landmarks (can include people)
- MNU Spirit: Photos that show your MNU pride
- Experiences: Photos that visually share your experience during your time at MNU or during your holidays
- All photos must be submitted via email before August 31st, 11:59 PM Malé Time
- To submit photos via email for consideration:
- Email your original photo taken from your phone/camera to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, student ID and contact number.
- Submit a short explanation / description of the photo.
- Please note: Only high-res images will be selected as finalists and/or winners.
- Each student can only submit 1 photo per category.
We will be uploading all eligible photos to our Facebook Page after the submission deadline. The photo finalists will compete for most “likes” and “shares” on our Facebook Page starting September 1st till September 5th 11:59 PM Malé Time. There will be three lucky winners selected from each category. Winners will be notified by email and announced on social media. Photo Contest winners will be selected as follows:
- 1st Prize: Fan Favorite (Photo with the most Facebook “likes” and “shares”)
- 2nd Prize: Fan Favorite, Runner-up (Photo with the second most Facebook likes and shares)
- 3rd Prize: Fan Favorite, Third Place (Photo with the third most Facebook likes and shares)
Fan Favorite winners will be determined by a point system. “Likes” count for one point, “shares” count for two points.
NOTE: By submitting a photo to this contest you grant permission to The Maldives National University to use the photograph in university publications including, but not limited to, brochures, websites, social media, newsletters, and other marketing/promotional materials without requesting additional permission.
- The use of third-party apps will immediately disqualify entries.
- Suspicious accounts (bots) who vote for photos will disqualify entries.